Saturday, February 8, 2014

Love

Nicholas was born in May 2011. I originally didn't want to continue with this blog because of privacy issues. But I changed my mind because I have been reading other single mothers by choice blogs. I enjoy reading their blogs and feel comforted by thoughts and feelings we share. I also love seeing pictures of the children growing up. I would like others to know my story too.
I look at my pregnancy photos and think WOW, I was really into myself. A friend reminded me that I had those pictures taken because I thought he would probably be my one and only child. And that I wanted good pictures to capture that very special moment in my life. I also think it was the only time it is acceptable in our society to be overweight. I have gained back all of my pregnancy weight and am hardly ever caught in a photo now.
This is Nicholas and I right before his first birthday.